A flavor explosion for pork, chicken, shrimp, rabbit, venison, or wild game. This recipe traditionally comes from Madeira and is prepared around Christmas time. However this can be enjoyed any time of the year. It’s so tasty, you'll be making it all year round.
Usually marinated with pork shoulder or boneless pork butt. You could even adapt this recipe with pork chops. This is also an excellent marinade for chicken, shrimp, rabbit, venison, and wild game.
This delicious traditional Portuguese Vinha'dalhos has never been easier with our seasoning mix.
Seasoning Mix Ingredients: Kosher salt, vinegar powder, garlic powder, paprika, red & white wine powder, Portuguese all-spice, ground black pepper, coriander seed, mustard seed, dill seed, crushed bay leaves, cumin, crushed hot pepper flakes
Vinha D'Alhos Recipe
- 1 package of Vinha D'Alhos Marinade Mix
- 2 – 3 pounds pork, chicken, shrimp, rabbit, venison, or wild game
- 2 cups water
- Combine contents of this package with water. Stir till well blended.
- Add meat or seafood to a bowl with marinade.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Drain the meat or seafood from the marinade and cook in hot heavy skillet with a little olive oil. Cook in batches until browned on all sides and fully cooked.
- If you are marinating a roast, add roast with marinade to your crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.