Linguiça (pronounced lin-gwee-sah) is the mild version of Portuguese sausage, no hot pepper. You can mix it with ground pork or ground chicken. Shape into patties or put it through a casing! Any way you like it, enjoy the authentic flavor of Portuguese Sausage any time you get the craving! Just add ground pork or chicken and water.
Linguiça seasoning mix ingredients: paprika, instant nonfat dry milk, salt, garlic powder, sugar, red wine powder, vinegar powder, white pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, curing salt
This Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- 1 package of Linguiça Seasoning Mix.
- 3 pounds ground pork
- ⅓ cup spring water
- Add your ground pork to a large bowl.
- Add seasoning mix to the ground pork, mix thoroughly till all mix is well incorporated.
- Add water and again mix thoroughly.
- Layer a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Shape the pork into fresh patties and put each one on the baking sheet.
- When all the patties are done, put the baking sheet into the refrigerator, and cover lightly with aluminum foil. Let it set and cure for 24 hours.
- The next couple of days you can cook them from the fridge or freeze them to use another day. Freezing them will maintain best quality for about 2 months but will remain safe beyond that time.