Favas is a very traditional dish in Portuguese cuisine. This is an easy way to make a delicious hearty dish.
It's hard to imagine not having home cooked Portuguese food living in Southern New England, but in most areas of the country, finding Portuguese products is very difficult.
You can now enjoy Favas without trying to find the main ingredient, Fava beans. Enjoy this fava bean recipe and bring back the memories of your childhood.
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package. This dinner kit includes 2 cans of fava beans and 1 package of Portuguese Favas seasoning mix.
Portuguese Favas Recipe
- 2 (19.0 oz.) cans of Fava Beans
- 1 package of Portuguese Favas seasoning mix
- Add fava beans with 1 cup water to your crock pot.
- Mix in seasoning packet.
- Cover crock pot and cook 4 hours on hi or 8 hours on low.
* Make it a hearty favas dish by adding 1 link of sliced Portuguese sausage. (Chourico or Linguica)