Chicken Mozambique is a popular Portuguese dish which combines tender chicken in a delicious lemon garlic sauce. The addition of some spicy and flavorful piri piri peppers is what completes this already delicious dish.
Chicken Mozambique Seasoning Mix Ingredients: dried onion, dried garlic, gluten free Herb-ox chicken bouillon, organic arrowroot powder, salt, Portuguese saffron, lemon pepper, cilantro, annatto, monosodium glutamate, cumin, turmeric, crushed hot piri piri pepper
This Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
Chicken Mozambique Recipe
- 1 package of Chicken Mozambique Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound boneless chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
- ½ cup white wine (Port wine or other sweet, rich white wine)
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken, raise heat to medium - high and sauté 5 minutes.
- Then stir in wine, water, chili sauce and seasoning mix. Once back up to a simmer, reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Rest for a few minutes. Serve with white rice or pasta.