Despite the African sounding name, this is a Portuguese dish. Mozambique gained their freedom from Portugal in 1975, many of the foods of Mozambique have roots in Portuguese cuisine. A traditional Portuguese recipe. The most delicious Shrimp Mozambique! You’ll have dreams and cravings for it!
Made with our own Shrimp Mozambique Seasoning Mix
- 1 package of Shrimp Mozambique Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen medium or large size uncooked shrimp
- ½ cup white wine (Port wine or other sweet rich white wine)
- ½ cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Franks Red Hot original sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- In large sauté pan, Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add wine, beer, hot sauce, chili sauce and seasoning mix, bring up to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Mix in shrimp and cook till shrimp is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice or pasta, optional.
- Categories: Seafood