Portuguese Carne no Espeto (Shish-Kabob)
Sharing is Knowledge
Traditional at any Portuguese feast, Carne Espeto, is one of my most treasured culinary connections to the Portuguese culture. The Feast of the Blessed Sacrament is a long standing and continued tradition that the many gather raw meat and roast it over an open pit of coals at the church’s feast each year. This is a delicious dish!
Made with our own Portuguese Carne no Espeto (Shish-Kabob) Seasoning Mix
- 1 package of Carne no Espeto seasoning mix
- 3 pounds Sirloin Beef Tips
- If using wooden skewers, soak 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.
- As a Marinade add 1 seasoning pack to 1 cup Madeira wine and ½ cup of water with meat and marinate for 12-24 hours in refrigerator
- Or use packet as a seasoning by threading meat onto skewers without marinating, and sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning mix all over the meat on all sides
- Grill over hot coals, gas grill or grill pan on stovetop.
- Turning skewers and cooking on all 4 sides, about 2 minutes per side, depending on the heat of your grill or to your cooked liking of rare, medium, or well done.
Thread mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, and zucchini alternately after every piece of meat.