Easy Crock Pot Portuguese Kale Soup2016-09-12
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:15 h
Easy Crock Pot Portuguese Kale Soup This recipe for Portuguese kale soup is a crowd favorite that has nourished family and friends for generations. This is a very flavorful soup. The Chourico gives the broth a really good flavor. Kale soup is a winter wonder. Serve with warm crusty bread. A great next day soup and freezes well.
- 6 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups kale leaves. Pull leaves of stems and chop, discard stems
- 1 teaspoon of gravy master or kitchen bouquet
- 1 link of chouriço, chopped
- 1 pound of stew beef cut into chunks
- 2 cups of cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion chopped, diced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon miced garlic
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 2 potatoes peeled and cut into bite size cubes.
How to Video
Add all ingredients to your crock pot and mix together.
Cover with lid and cook 5 hours on high.