Here is another way Everyday Portuguese brings great taste home to every cook's kitchen. A wonderfully easy and simple rice recipe. Add a little Portuguese excitement to any meal with tasty, colorful Rice! Peppers, onions, garlic with natural chicken flavor will make this a family favorite. It goes great with meats, chicken and pork chops.
Rice Seasoning Ingredients: Dehydrated bell peppers, dried onions, gluten free Herb-ox chicken bouillon, salt, paprika, garlic powder, tomato powder, ground black pepper
This Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
Portuguese Rice Recipe
- 1 package of Portuguese Rice Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup long-grain jasmine or basmati white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil and water over high heat until boiling.
- Add uncooked rice and seasoning mix, stir, and bring back up to a boil.
- When liquid begins to boil again, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the rice undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Let rice stand for 5 minutes undisturbed before fluffing with a fork.
- Fluff with fork and stir, blending anything that might have settled to the bottom of the pan. Serve immediately.