Alcatra is a pot roast very popular in the Azorean Island of Terceira in Portugal. It's a favorite pot roast in many Azorean communities in the United States and in other countries with an Azorean – Portuguese community.
Easy and Delicious Cook everything right in your CROCKPOT
Alcatra Seasoning Mix Ingredients: brown sugar, minced onion, paprika, minced garlic, gluten free Herb-ox beef bouillon, salt, cumin, black pepper, ground coriander, tomato powder, Portuguese all spice, smoked paprika, bay leaf
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- 1 package of Alcatra Seasoning Mix
- 2 pounds beef roast (bottom round, rump or chuck)
- ½ cup red wine (port wine or other sweet, rich red wine)
- ½ cup white wine (port wine or other sweet, rich red wine)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pound chourico or chorizo sausage (2 links) optional
- Rub seasoning mix into all sides of the beef roast.
- Add wine and water to bottom of slow cooker.
- Carefully add beef roast to your crock pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and Portuguese sausage around roast. (optional)
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours