Sharing is Knowledge
Everyday Portuguese brings you the ultimate Portuguese rice. It takes its color and flavor from the combination of tomato, red and green bell peppers; it is gently flavored with natural chicken flavor, onion and garlic.
Everyday Portuguese’s rice is a faithful translation of a classic that has become one of America’s favorite rice dish! And now, it is one of the easiest too!
Portuguese rice is a staple in the homes of many Portuguese families. Virtually every Portuguese culture relies on a rice recipe as the basis of many meals. Make this easy Everyday Portuguese rice recipe a favorite in your home. It is scrumptious!
Made with our own Portuguese Rice Seasoning Mix
- 1 package of Portuguese Rice Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup long-grain jasmine or basmati white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil and water over high heat until boiling.
- Add uncooked rice and seasoning mix, stir, and bring back up to a boil.
- When liquid begins to boil again, cover the pot, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook the rice undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Let rice stand for 5 minutes undisturbed before fluffing with a fork.
- Fluff with fork and stir, blending anything that might have settled to the bottom of the pan. Serve immediately.