What kind of sandwich do you call it? Dynamite, Torpedo or Sloppy Joe. A mainstay of Rhode Island. Known as dynamites or a torpedo. It’s a specific kind of sandwich, eaten on a roll. That may sound like a Sloppy Joe, but whatever you call it, it’s one tasty sandwich.
Kicked up a notch with Portuguese Piri Piri hotness. Portuguese Piri Piri peppers make this a spicy sandwich that will keep you coming back for more. So Delicious! Cooks right in your crock pot. Serves 6
- 1 package of Piri Piri Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 1 (15oz.) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup red wine (port wine)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Brown ground beef and drain to remove grease.
- Add ground beef to your slow cooker.
- Add seasoning mix, diced tomato, water, and wine, mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on your favorite roll.