Portuguese Hot Stuff2017-07-26
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Portuguese Hot Stuff
What do you call it? Dynamite, Torpedo or Sloppy Joe. A mainstay of Rhode Island. Known as dynamites or a torpedo. It’s a specific kind of sandwich, eaten on a roll. That may sound like a Sloppy Joe, but whatever you call it, it’s one tasty sandwich. Kicked up a notch with Portuguese hotness. Chouriço and 3 hot peppers make this a 3 Alarm hot and spicy sandwich that will keep you coming back for more. Can you handle the heat! So Delicious! Cooks right in your crock pot.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground chouriço
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper (remove the seeds and inside membrane)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8) oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 (15) oz. can diced tomatoes, liquid and all.
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste mixed in ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red hot pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Brown ground beef and drain to remove grease. No need to brown chouriço.
Add beef and all other ingredients to Crock Pot, mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Serve on your favorite roll.