Portuguese Egg Rolls2017-07-26
- Yield : 12
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Portuguese Egg Rolls
This is a twist on an Asian classic, egg rolls with a Portuguese accent. Egg rolls with chouriço and kale make these irresistible.
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 cup ground chouriço, chorizo or linguiça (use what’s available in your area)
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen kale, chopped
- 2 diced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ cup can black beans
- ¾ cup shredded, Monterey jack cheese
- Egg wash (2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of water, beat well)
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Wax paper
How to Video
Mix together the first 10 ingredients in a bowl. (you do not need to cook sausage first)
Slowly mix in black beans trying not to smash them.
Blend in Monterey jack cheese
Layout one egg roll wrapper per the package instructions.
Add ¼ cup of filling, being sure not to get too close to the edges of wrapper.
Follow directions on back of egg roll wrappers on instructions on how to fold and roll an egg roll.
Continue adding filling and rolling all wrappers till you have 12 eggrolls.
You can fry in a deep fryer at 375 degrees or stove top fry in a big enough pan to hold 3 inches of oil on medium high heat.
Fry 5-10 minutes, 4 at a time, till egg rolls are golden brown. Cool and cut in half on a diagonal.