Cacoila Seasoning Mix – A flavorful blend of authentic spices to make Cacoila. This seasoning mix is used to make the Portuguese Cacoila. Cacoila is a delicious Portuguese-style of pulled pork.
There are countless versions of caçoila [ka-soy-la, although some folks say ka-sir-la] using different types of meat, such as pork, beef and liver, and different ways of serving it, like in a bowl or as a sandwich.
Some recipes add vinegar and cinnamon instead of wine and allspice. Recipes vary from family to family and region to region, whether in the United States, Azores, Madeira, Cape Verde, Brazil or in Portugal, they all have one thing in common, a long cooking process to ensure meat is very tender.
What I am sharing, reflect my Portuguese heritage. This is one of my food loves. I am addicted to this delectable slow-roasted meat and spices. This sandwich is very simple, meat and bread, but the flavor is so incredible! If you try this, you will understand why this savory, aromatic, salty, tender, juicy, slow-cooked meat ranks as one of my personal favorite dishes. A mixture of pork or both pork and beef can be used.
Easy and Delicious Cook everything right in your CROCK POT.
Portuguese Cacoila Seasoning Mix Ingredients: salt, garlic, onion, Portuguese all-spice, paprika, parsley, black pepper, hot crushed red pepper, Portuguese pure safflower, bay leaf
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- 1 package of Cacoila Seasoning Mix
- 1 (8oz.) can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of red Port wine (you can substitute Merlot wine)
- 2 pounds boneless meat (pork or combination of beef and pork)
- Cut up meat into chunks, similar to what you would find in a package of stew meat and add to your crock pot.
- Add the Cacoila Seasoning Mix over meat.
- Add the tomato sauce and red wine and stir everything together.
- Cover crockpot with lid and cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- When done cooking, remove bay leaf. Meat will be very tender. Break meat apart and mix together in the crockpot till it gets to a pulled pork consistency.