My vovó (grandmother) was an amazing cook. The smell of the beef permeating through the house was amazing. I have recreated the same recipe for my own family. This recipe is a classic.
In France it is known as boeuf bourguignon and is probably the most well-known version of this dish. This is a wonderful recipe coming from the islands of the Sao Miguel, Azores.
It is an easy recipe for a beef casserole that is absolutely flavorful and delicious. The best part about this recipe is just how simple it is to make, everything cooks in your crockpot.
Carne Estufada Ingredients: Minced onion, garlic, red wine powder, tomato powder, salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, smoked paprika, crushed piri piri pepper, bay leaf
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
Carne Estufada Recipe
- 1 packet of Caren Estufada seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2-3 pounds of 7 bone chuck steak or boneless chuck roast
- 1 link chourico
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced in half
- Add seasoning mix with 1½ cups of water, stir and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add chuck meat to crockpot.
- Add carrots and chouriço.
- Pour seasoned liquid over meat, carrots and chouriço.
- Cover slow-cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.