What kind of sandwich do you call it? Dynamite, Torpedo or Sloppy Joe. A mainstay of Rhode Island. Known as dynamites or a torpedo. It’s a specific kind of sandwich, eaten on a roll. That may sound like a Sloppy Joe, but whatever you call it, it’s one tasty sandwich.
Kicked up a notch with Portuguese Piri Piri hotness. Just enough Portuguese Piri Piri peppers make this a spicy sandwich that will keep you coming back for more. So Delicious! Cooks right in your crock pot.
An easy and delicious Sloppy Joe. Cooked in your slow-cooker.
Portuguese Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix Ingredients: Dehydrated bell peppers, tomato powder, chopped onion, minced garlic, salt, paprika, ground black pepper, Portuguese all spice, smoked paprika, celery salt, crushed piri piri peppers, bay leaf
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- 1 package of Piri Piri Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 1 (15oz.) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup red wine (port wine)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Brown ground beef and drain to remove grease.
- Add ground beef to your slow cooker.
- Add seasoning mix, diced tomato, water, and wine, mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on your favorite roll.