Chouriço is the spicy version of Portuguese sausage. It has more of a "kick" and there is hot crushed piri piri peppers added to the mix. You can mix it with ground pork or ground chicken. Shape it into patties or put it through a casing! Any way you like it, enjoy the authentic flavor of Portuguese Sausage any time you get the craving! Just add ground pork or chicken and water.
Chouriço seasoning mix ingredients: paprika, instant nonfat dry milk, salt, garlic powder, sugar, red wine powder, vinegar powder, white pepper, smoked paprika, crushed piri piri pepper (hot african birds eye chili), oregano, curing salt
This Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- 1 package of Chouriço Seasoning Mix.
- 3 pounds ground pork
- ⅓ cup spring water
- Add your ground pork to a large bowl.
- Add seasoning mix to the ground pork, mix thoroughly till all mix is well incorporated.
- Add water and again mix thoroughly.
- Layer a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Shape the pork into fresh patties and put each one on the baking sheet.
- When all the patties are done, put the baking sheet into the refrigerator, and cover lightly with aluminum foil. Let it set and cure for 24 hours.
- The next couple of days you can cook them from the fridge or freeze them to use another day. Freezing them will maintain best quality for about 2 months but will remain safe beyond that time.