This is one of those typical Portuguese dishes that you have to taste. The Portuguese people eat these pork sandwiches like Americans eat burgers... anytime and anywhere. The perfect storm of succulent marinated pork on a Portuguese roll.
If Portugal were to name a national sandwich, the Bifana would be it!
Bifana Mix Ingredients: Kocher salt, paprika, garlic powder, gluten free Herb-ox beef bouillon, onion powder, Portuguese all-spice, black pepper, cut bay leaf
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- Boneless pork tenderloin, thinly sliced about a ¼ inch thick (8 slices)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 package of Bifana Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Mix marinade ingredients, add pork, and marinate 24 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Set aside ½ cup of the marinade. Cook 4 cutlets at a time.
- Cook in heated skillet until beginning to brown, turning only once, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- After all cutlets are cooked, deglaze the pan with ½ cup of the reserved marinade. This will loosen the tasty particles on the bottom of the pan after cooking all your pork cutlets.
- Deglaze for 3 minutes.
- Assemble four Bifana sandwiches. Two cutlets per sandwich.
- Drizzle the pan dripping over the cutlets.