This is one of those typical Portuguese dishes that you have to taste. The Portuguese people eat these pork sandwiches like Americans eat burgers... anytime and anywhere. The perfect storm of succulent marinated pork on a Portuguese roll.
If Portugal were to name a national sandwich, the Bifana would be it!
Bifana Mix Ingredients: Kocher salt, paprika, garlic powder, gluten free Herb-ox beef bouillon, onion powder, Portuguese all-spice, black pepper, cut bay leaf
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
1 pound Boneless pork tenderloin (thinly sliced about a ¼ inch thick (8 slices))
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package of Bifana Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine (Port wine or other sweet, rich white wine)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 bread rolls
- Mix marinade ingredients, add pork, and marinate 24 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 cutlets at a time from the marinade. Sauté in heated skillet until just beginning to brown on both sides, turning only once, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Assemble four beautiful Bifana sandwiches. Two cutlets per sandwich. Drizzle the pan dripping over the cutlets.