This is a very popular and traditional dish in various regions of Portugal, especially in the Azores. The marinade is a wonderful flavor for the pork. This marinade can also be used to marinate the pork for Carne de Porco à Alentejana and is one of the most traditional and popular pork/seafood dishes of Portuguese cuisine.
Torresmos Seasoning Mix Ingredients: Minced garlic, paprika, salt, crushed bay leaf, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, crushed hot piri piri peppers
You can use a less fatty cut of meat like boneless pork butt
or the more traditional pork, pork belly.
This marinade is a wonderful flavor enhancer for the pork belly.
This Easy Recipe is on the Back of Package:
Portuguese Marinated Pork (Torresmos) Recipe
- 2½ pounds boneless pork butt or pork belly (cut into 2″ cube chunks)
- 1 package of Torresmos Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup of red Port wine (you can substitute Merlot wine)
- ½ cup of white Port wine (you can substitute Chardonnay wine)
- ½ cup water
- Mix marinade ingredients, add pork, and marinate 24 hours.
- Grill over hot coals, gas grill or grill pan on stove top.