This is the perfect dipping and seasoning sauce. It will add that special taste of the Azores to all your favorite dishes. It's just as good with meat pasta and seafood. Discover your favorite way to use this sauce with the taste of the islands.
An old family recipe from our kitchen to yours. Crushed Piri Piri peppers give this spicy, tangy sauce all you will need for your bread to absorb this delicious sauce.
Faial Sauce Seasoning Mix Ingredients: Dehydrated minced onion, vinegar powder, minced garlic, garlic powder, salt, monosodium glutamate, cumin, annatto, Portuguese saffron, turmeric, crushed hot piri piri peppers
This Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- 1 package of Faial sauce seasoning mix.
- 1 stick butter (½ cup)
- ½ cup white Port wine (or other rich fruity wine like Riesling)
- ½ cup of Super Bock or Sagres Portuguese beer (or other pale lager)
- ½ cup water
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat till melted.
- Stir in wine, beer, water, and seasoning mix.
- Once it comes up to a vigorous simmer reduce heat to low/simmer.
- Cook slow and low for an hour, stir occasionally.