Favas is a very traditional dish in Portuguese cuisine. Make this juicy delicious dish cooked right in your crock pot.
Portuguese Favas Seasoning Mix Ingredients: tomato powder, dried chopped onion, paprika, gluten free Herb-ox chicken bouillon, dried minced garlic, kosher salt, parsley, ground black pepper, crushed piri piri peppers
Easy Recipe on the Back of Package:
- 2 (19.0 oz.) cans of Fava Beans OR ½ pound (8oz.) dry Fava Beans
- 1 package of Portuguese Favas seasoning mix.
Canned Fava Bean Directions:
- Add fava beans with 2 cups water to your crock pot.
- Mix in seasoning packet.
- Cover crock pot and cook 3 hours on hi or 6 hours on low.
Dry Fava Bean Directions:
- Add 8 cups of water with dried fava beans to a large bowl.
- Soak fava beans for at least 24 hours
- After beans have soaked, add fava beans with the water to your crock pot. Mix in seasoning packet.
- Cover your crock pot and cook on HI for 8-9 hours.
* Make it a hearty favas dish by adding 1 link of sliced Portuguese sausage.