Portuguese Sausage Stuffing
Sharing is Knowledge
Tired of serving the same old stuffing for Thanksgiving? Then try this simple recipe that gets pumped up with just the right amount of Portuguese sausage, chourico. The results will be outstanding!
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 package of ground linguiça or chouriço
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (14 ounces) Pepperidge Farm Corn Bread Stuffing
- Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until onion and celery is tender and soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground sausage and mix with the cooked onions and celery and cook for ten minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir the chicken broth into the saucepan.
- Add the package of corn bread stuffing and mix.
- Let stuffing cool and spoon stuffing into a turkey before you a ready to cook. OR you can spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole. Cover the casserole and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.