The Portuguese people eat these pork sandwiches like we Americans eat burgers — anytime and anywhere. The Bifana is so popular, McDonald’s even launched the McBifana in Portugal.
It is a perfect storm of flavors and textures coming together to sweep you up and take your taste buds to wanting more and more.
Made with our own Portuguese Marinated Pork Bifanas Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound Boneless pork tenderloin (thinly sliced about a ¼ inch thick (8 slices))
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package of Bifana Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white wine (Port wine or other sweet, rich white wine)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 bread rolls
- Mix marinade ingredients, add pork, and marinate 24 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 cutlets at a time from the marinade. Sauté in heated skillet until just beginning to brown on both sides, turning only once, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Assemble four beautiful Bifana sandwiches. Two cutlets per sandwich. Drizzle the pan dripping over the cutlets.
- Categories: Beef and Pork