So many of you are waiting for this…..I love this Meat Lasagna recipe, made tastier with chouriço. This is my favorite lasagna recipe. The chouriço adds a smoky flavor with a hint of spiciness. Chouriço is a sausage that has roots in Portugal and is popular around the world. Across Italy, there any many ways to make Lasagna depending on the region you are from. This Meat Lasagna recipe with chouriço has a rustic feel, and is jam packed with flavor. There is enough liquid in this recipe to allow the noodles to cook and absorb the flavors of the sauce while baking. It’s seriously delicious, this one won’t let you down!
- 1-pound ground chouriço (2 links of chouriço, casing removed and chopped)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 can (14 ½ ounce) diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese (about ¾ small container)
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 box (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, uncooked (do not use no-boil noodles)
- Heat oven to 350F
- In large pan, brown Portuguese Sausage (chouriço)
- Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, water, and garlic. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella, parmesan, eggs, parsley and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour about 1 cup of the sauce on bottom of 9×13 pan.
- Arrange 3 uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce; cover with about 1 cup sauce.
- Spread ½ the cheese filling over sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, sauce and cheese filling.
- Top with layer of lasagna and remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.