This is a twist on an Asian classic, egg rolls with a Portuguese accent. Egg rolls with chourico and kale make these irresistible.
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 cup ground chourico, chorizo or linguica (use what’s available in your area)
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen kale
- 2 diced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ cup can black beans
- ¾ cup shredded, Monterey jack cheese
- Egg wash (2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of water, beat well)
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Wax paper
How to Video:
- Mix together the first 10 ingredients in a bowl. (you do not need to cook sausage first)
- Slowly mix in black beans trying not to smash them.
- Blend in Monterey jack cheese
- Layout one egg roll wrapper according to the package instructions.
- Add ¼ cup of filling, being sure not to get too close to the edges of wrapper.
- Follow directions on back of egg roll wrappers on instructions on how to fold and roll an egg roll.
- Continue adding filling and rolling all wrappers till you have 12 eggrolls.
- You can fry in a deep fryer at 375 degrees or stove top fry in a big enough pan to hold 3 inches of oil on medium high heat.
- Fry 5-10 minutes, 4 at a time, till egg rolls are golden brown. Cool and cut in half on a diagonal.
- Categories: Appetizers