The beloved Portuguese brown gravy wine sauce. It's a favorite at many Portuguese Restaurants.
What makes this gravy so flavorful is the combination of red wine, garlic, onion and seasonings which creates a rich sauce that is poured over your favorite dish. A great dipping sauce for your steak or pour it over your potatoes.
- 1 package of Portuguese brown gravy mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- Wisk gravy mix and water in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over Portuguese steak and egg or meat loaf, turkey, mashed potatoes, or chicken breast. Use it as a dipping sauce for roast beef sandwich or use it as an ingredient in your next stew or slow cooker recipe.