Anyone from the New England area or of Portuguese heritage may be familiar with Blade Meat. It's a staple of Portuguese cooking and is probably one of my favorite sandwiches in the world.
- 1 packet of Blade Meat seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 pounds of pork cut into 2-inch chunks (can be boneless country pork ribs, pork loin, or pork butt)
- Add seasoning mix with 1½ cups of water, stir and mix till well blended.
- Add pork and marinate for 12-24 hours.
- Once meat is marinated, add pork with marinate to your crockpot.
- Cover slow-cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Serve: on a crusty Portuguese roll. Add roll with a generous portion of meat make sure to spoon on a little juice from the crock pot for added moisture and flavor. Or Make it a Blade Meat Plate with rice and potatoes.