This is the best blackened chicken recipe. Tender, spicy, restaurant quality blackened chicken on the grill in just minutes with this easy recipe.
Blackened chicken is the result of quick cooking over very high heat making the outer surface of the chicken a spicy char. Chicken is a healthy dish since it is a lean piece of meat with low calories and fat. Blackened chicken can be served with rice and vegetables. It can also be sliced and placed atop garden salad.
Made with our own Piri Piri Seasoning MixIngredients:
- 1 package of Piri Piri Blackened Seasoning Mix
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast (cut into strips or 4 serving pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coat the chicken with the seasoning mix over both sides of each chicken breast.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts. Cook the chicken breasts for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- After the chicken has finished cooking, remove it from the heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
You could also preheat a grill and baste hot grates with olive oil. Then grill the seasoned chicken on both sides over hot coals or gas grill.
Check the blackened chicken with a meat thermometer to be sure it is done. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
- Categories: Chicken