Chouriço and Potato Salad
This colorful dish is easy to make. The Dijon mustard gives the dressing a nice tangy taste. This warm chourico and potato salad recipe will be the star of any meal when you use Portuguese sausage.
- 2 pounds small peeled potatoes, halved
- 1 link of chourico, sliced
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley sprigs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain immediately and refresh with cold water; drain well and set aside to cool.
- Cook chourico slices over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove and drain on absorbent paper; cut in half.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine potato, cooked chourico, red kidney beans, onion and parsley, drizzle over dressing. Toss gently until just combined. Serve warm