This recipe is made with a variety of spices and seasonings, simmered in a delicious sauce.
This sauce is a favorite served in many Portuguese restaurants.
- 1 package of Mozambique Sauce Azorean-Style mix.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup white port wine (or other rich fruity wine like Riesling)
- 1 cup water
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat till melted.
- Stir in wine, water, and seasoning mix.
- Once it comes up to a vigorous simmer reduce heat to low/simmer.
- Cook slow and low for 45 minutes, stir occasionally.
Serve: Pour this sauce over your favorite cooked seafood dish, scallops, clams, mussels, and shrimp. Try it over fish and chips!
Stuffed Cod with Mozambique Sauce poured over the top.