Alcatra (Portuguese Pot Roast)
Sharing is Knowledge
Alcatra” is a typical dish from Terceira Island. The use of several spices in the recipe is related to the Portuguese Discoveries. Vessels coming from India and America stopped at the island and sold spices and gold. Easy and Delicious Cook everything right in your CROCKPOT.
Made with our own Alcatra (Portuguese Pot Roast) Seasoning Mix
- 1 package of Alcatra Seasoning Mix
- 2 pounds beef roast (bottom round, rump or chuck)
- ½ cup red wine (port wine or other sweet, rich red wine)
- ½ cup white wine (port wine or other sweet, rich red wine)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pound chourico or chorizo sausage (2 links) optional
- Rub seasoning mix into all sides of the beef roast.
- Add wine and water to bottom of slow cooker.
- Carefully add beef roast to your crock pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and Portuguese sausage around roast. (optional)
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours